Still Crossing Our Fingers for Easter

The Vet didn't get too us last night due to being called out on an emergency so we had to just continue with keeping her nice and hydrated and supplying her with good quality dry hay. 
The good news is that she is much brighter in herself, and after being silent for several days she greeted me this morning with a lot of demanding bleats for her breakfast.  Her appetite still isn't as good as I would like but she is at least eating again.
Its looking like the next thing I will have to do is make her her own little section of the stable as the two Mule-Texel crosses that she lives with are now about double her size. She is a Shetland so is small anyway but being ill has slowed her growth somewhat. 
Now her buddies are a bit rough and I don't them pushing her off the food too much. Plus once she is on medication It will be good to keep her separate just to be able to track her progress more easily.
Hopefully she will be totally back to normal in another week or so and will be able to go outside again. Grass is the best thing that she could possibly have at the moment so as soon as we sort out her scouring she will be having a little area set up out with the other sheep. Along with her buddies of course. When she isn't ill her small and fiery self does most of the bullying!.
Almost time for Scotland too so I cant wait for that. 
Will be awesome to see some proper Scottish livestock.... I will be wanting a highland pony next!! 

If you could all cross your Fingers for the little Easter lamb I would be greatful.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Down to business or Play based Learning. My views on Training.

Injuries, Organisation and Education

But I love him too much to tell him off - Mini Rant!