Poorly Lamb, Hense my lack of posts.

Apologies for the large lack of posts over the last week, My little orphaned Shetland lamb is poorly so I have spent most of my time trying to help her get back on her feet. Needless to say, the blogging has taken a back seat until she is sorted.
Poor little mite ahs a very upset tummy and despite having her back end cleaned up every day the flies also got their go and she had flystrike attack about two days ago. 
Cleared that up but she doesn't want to eat this morning so we have the vet coming out, later on, today to see what else we can do for her. 
Fingers crossed he will be able to give her something to help with her scouring.
To begin with, I was told to back her off her concentrates as it was most likely to be these that have upset her. 
However, after giving her a couple of days with lots of water, electrolytes and good hay to try and settle things down there is no improvement and now that her appetite is off its time to get back to the vet.
Hense tonight's visit.
Hopefully, he will be able to pick her up pretty quickly. 
At only eight weeks old any kind of illness hits her hard and she's already started to lose some weight so I am super anxious to get her back to her naughty bouncy self.
She is a tough little cookie so I am hoping that it won't be too serious and she will be much better in a day or two. 
My mum will be looking after her whilst I am in Scotland so I know the care will be brilliant, it would just put my mind at rest to know she was on the mend before I left. 

Fingers crossed for the little monster.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Injuries, Organisation and Education

Down to business or Play based Learning. My views on Training.

Summer, Stallions and A lack of sleep!